Wednesday 29 May 2013

W.i.P. - And the Fish Go On

The little fellas are coming along nicely. I should be able to finish these four tonight. A few seams per evening after work when I feel like it. Nothing massive. Slow and steady wins the race.


Working rows in batches instead of proceeding block by block has proved very efficient, too. You don't get the joy of seeing each goldfish framed in one sitting, but you save time along the way and four finishes must mean four times the fun once they're ready. Am I right? Eight times when I put them next to the those waiting in the wings. So much closer to assembling the top! I'll make one more centre block, though it might not feature a goldfish. Let's see.



Other than that, I'm still basking in the glory of my new bag and can't pat myself on the back often enough for inserting a key fob. It's pure magic, friends! Lol.

Stats

Finishes - 1
Nanette tote

Ongoing Projects - 5
Fish & HSTs
square baby quilt
Red Riding - erm, yeah...
Grecian Waters/Emerald HST quilt - finished the top! - still pinching pennies for batting
EPP hexies - should really work on these again sometime but my ride to work is a bus ride and I get car sick easily when focusing too much on anything

Stalled Projects - 1
EPP parallelograms/stars

Planning Stage - 5
Wedding Anniversary quilt - oh my, really must start on that! How did time sneak up on me thus badly again?
Quilt for the husband - downgraded to a cushion cover, still needs to be made, oops
Two summer dresses & a skirt

Happy sewing!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

9 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your star block! Looks awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicey progress on the blocks, and awesome bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that bag. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bag is lovely, and seriously I just can't wait to see your little army of fish :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good so far! Oh and yes that bag definitely deserves to be shown off frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that bag! And have loved watching your fish blocks come together! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that fish fabric....it is so cute! I am visiting your blog for the first time today. You have some of the neatest things. The "C" you embroidered (older post) looks so nice - well done.
    Jodi B

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the look of the fish blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you're a no-reply commenter I'll reply on the blog so please check back.