Wednesday 8 October 2014

Grecian Waters HSTs - Return of a WIP #2

I'd like to say thank you to all of you who were as thrilled as myself to see this quilt return and have made useful suggestions helping me with my colour choice dilemma as well as providing creative input - looking at you Molli.

To avoid buying more fabric than necessary I trialled Kona charms from the dark palette.


I'm drawn to the less purply, less blue, less dark colours so these three are out: purple, midnight, raisin.


These two are much closer: eggplant (left) and hibiscus (right). Surprise surprise, they're both from my original set of choices! Guess somebody might be a little bit biased...


Berry, number three, isn't part of the charm pack but I'm now convinced it's a tad too light anyway. The picture doesn't capture the colours perfectly, meh, but they do look great in daylight. Both are sizzling contenders, however, I have made a decision and will be ordering yardage soon to keep this project going. Stay tuned to find out which one made the cut!

Happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. I think whichever you choose it will be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Quilting in the Cold, whichever one you've gone for will look stunning x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you're a no-reply commenter I'll reply on the blog so please check back.