Wednesday 28 August 2013

W.i.P. - Quilting

The batting for our anniversary arrived on, well, our anniversary. I spray basted the top Saturday afternoon before we went to the wedding reception of my husband's teacher colleague. Whew, I had to move our sofa and the dining sewing table and still this 102'' square beast wouldn't perfectly fit on the floor. I huffed and puffed a lot but didn't let it defeat me.


I love this stage. Batting makes a finish so much more palpable. Don't you just love how a project feels much more real simply because it has more body to it? I've started hand quilting a few details on the solid strip before adding the backing and now it's time to start freaking about quilting this on my tiny machine. Uh oh.

I also finished this and my friend had the brilliant idea of adding a rattle for toddler interest. How come I didn't think of this before? I really appreciate the input by the non-sewing peeps in my life lately. She also asked whether I could sew the little one as if his belly were spilling over his trousers so I obligingly sewed a curve and it came out great. Maybe I should include curves in future projects, I seem to have eschewed them so far.



The stats before I'm off again.

Finishes - 1
one of three monsters

Ongoing Projects - 4
Anniversary quilt
square baby quilt
Red Riding -
cushion cover for the husband

Stalled Projects - 3
Grecian Waters/Emerald HST quilt - finished the top! - stalled until deadline projects have been dealt with
EPP hexies
EPP parallelograms/stars - once more stalled

Planning Stage - 2
Summer dress 2 - Darling Ranges
Skirt

Happy sewing!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. Yay for batting! I'm sure whatever you do with the quilting will look fabulous!

    Cute softie too - great idea to add a rattle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little monster is really stinking adorable! And I totally agree, batting makes it so much more real. Good luck quilting that beast, it will be so worth it when it's done :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you're a no-reply commenter I'll reply on the blog so please check back.