Saturday 20 July 2013

T.G.I.F.F. - In Love with My Sundress

Yesterday evening was spent in a soothing yet exciting manner - stitching down the hem of my lovely floral summer dress. So may I proudly present my Friday finish?


Additional changes I made to my personalised version (read about the fitting process here and here) of the Jamie dress: Bodice with a lengthened and smooth instead of gathered waist band...


... and narrower straps with plaits. I also made the skirt a little less full as well as shorter and lowered the back by 2 inches.


Not a change per se but something I'm always proud of - perfectly installed invisible zipper.


Cotton lawn lining and side seam prettily enclosed in bias binding.


Hemmed with bias binding.


More pics will follow as soon as I pounce on a victim for a shoot in the sun. I might throw in a post with side by side pics of my two versions to better show you the differences and write about quilting cotton vs. fashion fabric, too.

With that, I'm off into the weekend. You might have spotted the Echo strips that will keep me busy and entertained when I'm not out and about twirling in my fabulous sundress.

Happy sewing!

Go and enjoy everybody's projects and have a look at that fantastic Broken Herringbone quilt Molli Sparkles made who is hosting this week's TGIFF.


7 comments:

  1. That you can say, is a knock out of the ballpark! Very beautiful job Maureen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely dress and perfect sewing! Compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is beautiful. That zip is a work of art as are those straps. A fabulous summer dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so pretty! I love the fabric you chose :) And great job on construction!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I've seen a lot of Jamie Dresses being made lately - so they must be a good fit!

    ReplyDelete