Sunday 7 April 2013

Sunday Stash

So what did I buy with those birthday gift cards I mentioned earlier?


An incredibly satisfying haul! Let's dissect it, shall we?

First, a fun print chosen by my sister who would like me to make a loop scarf for her. Fabric for the other side as well as fabrics for a loop scarf for her partner's mum are on their way via mail.


Next, a fat quarter adopted from the sales section. New oven cloths to go with the apron I still plan on making?


Next up and so much more important, 1.2 metres of a terribly lovely soft and drapey Kokka double gauze to be turned into a skirt. The dots, the anchors - so adorable they make me feel little lightheaded every time I look at them.



Finally, and probably even more important because of my New Sewing Year's resolutions, 2.5 m cuts and 5 m of bias binding each of two wonderful lightweight floral prints.


I'm pretty sure that one will be turned into a Darling Ranges dress. But which one? Currently I'm considering various Burda patterns for the second dress. No hurry as it's still cold and nephew projects are really taking precedence now.


Happy sewing!

Linking up and looking forward to seeing everybody else's treasures.


5 comments:

  1. Oh sind das tolle Stoffe,
    kann mich gar nicht satt sehen :)
    Grüße
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cool to get fabric and bias right away. I like that you already have plans for those. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. popping over from Sunday Stash report. I am going to try the Staple dress for sewing soon. You like blue? Me too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh lovely way to spend your birthday money! Loving the chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fancy those tea cups myself. I love that you dress make as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you're a no-reply commenter I'll reply on the blog so please check back.