Friday 22 March 2013

Lucky HSTs

This is too good to be true, can somebody pinch me, please? My HST quilt top placed second in the Just the Top category of the Emerald Quilt Challenge over at a.squared.w. Wow, this is the first time I entered anything anywhere and I'm so excited and bursting with happiness.


I want to thank Sarah and Fiona, especially, for encouraging me to take part in the challenge. Not only had I not known about it, but I seriously doubt I would have entered without your kind words of encouragement. Sarah, you've also egged me on to finish the top in time. Fiona, you kept me level-headed. Perfect mixture for me. Thanks, ladies!

And thank you to everybody else who has been following along with the top's journey. Sharing this one with you has been so much fun and I'm still flabbergasted, but obviously overjoyed, by the amount of love it receives.

I can't wait to continue this one, see where it takes me, and take you along for the ride. The quilting should be a ton of fun and I'm planning a mixture of machine and hand quilting as soon as I can afford batting. Thanks to the sponsors and Ali I can definitely afford the backing and binding fabric now - what to pick?? Just a solid? A print? A solid combined with my 36 leftover HSTs?

Stay tuned, folks. And please check out everbody else's entries, not just the winners. Competition was definitely tough and inspiring!

Happy sewing and a most wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Fantastic news! Congratulations, its well deserved x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog after the winners were announced - I seriously love this quilt and it deserves all the recognition it has received. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very cool! Congratulations, but I mean really, look at it! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That design is fabulous! I love the two hearts across the other prism-like colours. Absolutely lovely. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohooo!!!! Congratulations Mareen! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEK! That's awesome! You're quilt is very deserving of this award. :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done! You definitely deserved the win, your HST top is gorgeous. Very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! Well done that is wonderful. It deserves it. It is a gorgeous quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You worked so hard to get this done in time. I love how you have photographed it. I am dying to know what that sign says! Well done on a fabulous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It definitely stood out from all the other link pics on Confessions of a Fabric Addict! I love it.really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wanted to say congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glückwunsch Mareen,
    leider hab ich es immernoch nicht geschafft dir eine Mail zurückzuschreiben.
    Ich hofe euch geht es gut und immer schön positiv denken ;)
    Grüße

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you're a no-reply commenter I'll reply on the blog so please check back.