Wednesday 26 December 2012

Yoshi 4.0

Last Wednesday my arm was still a bit affected, so I rested it and only cut a few pixels with breaks in between. Nothing to report, really, other than that I'd accepted that in no way on earth I'd be able to make my deadline. Mine because my sister had set me a more distant one. Me-made deadline, me-made stress.

You might recall that the quilt is a gift for an early January birthday. I'd planned to get the piecing and quilting done as well as attach the binding ready for hand sewing before our extended Christmas and New Year's stay in Berlin because I don't have a sewing machine there and wouldn't be home in time to finish and send it off via mail.

Yep, the time frame was narrow enough to begin with. I've come to terms with not making my deadline and am not bothering myself any longer. My sister and I have decided that we can use a few good snaps of what is finished in time, print them, and use those as a kind of voucher come the birthday proper and I'll be back in Berlin for my rescheduled appointment later in January and will take the quilt with me, then.

... to be continued ...

Hope you're still enjoying the holidays!

W.i.P. list

Finished Projects - 2
Owl Christmas Ornaments
Pillow covers - see tomorrow's post

Ongoing Projects - 4
Yoshi quilt
EPP hexies - 32 finished flowers + tons basted
Polaroid blocks Tote - will it ever get made?
EPP parallelograms/stars

Planning Stage - 1
Wedding Anniversary quilt 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you're a no-reply commenter I'll reply on the blog so please check back.