Sunday 30 December 2012

Sunday Stash

After all this time I can link up with Fiona's Sunday Stash again. Look at this beauty I got for Christmas, photographed with my shiny new camera, too - a Kona fat quarter bundle going by the enticing name of Grecian Waters.


It's incredibly adorable in all its tininess. This is my first FQ bundle so I was somewhat surprised by just how tiny it is. No taller than my hand! They seem bigger in pictures, no? And might I point out its gorgeous green-blue-aqua-y goodness? My very favourite colours. I'd been eyeing the Poseidon bundle for ages but might like this one even more. It definitely got my head spinning right away.

That's why yesterday evening was spent looking for a cute pattern to go along with it and I stumbled across Max Quilt by LuLu of For the Love Designs first. I'm in love but I don't think my bundle is actually right for it. I've certainly put it on my to-do list, though, already having done some math.

Some Pinterest and Flickr later, I'm 90 per cent sure that my bundle screams for HSTs. Consider this darling quilt by CB Handmade, for instance. With another half yard cut of one of the bundle's colours to pull everything together, perhaps Sage, and starting with 5'' squares I can easily make up a quilt for cosy sofa evenings of 16x18 HSTs.

Who knew I'd be happily dreaming of cutting nearly 300 squares so soon after cutting an exhausting 1020 of them? Haha.

Happy sewing!




4 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty! Can't wait to see what you make with these beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I love that quilt you found...so I am excited to see this bundle undone and cut into HSTs. Lovely to have you back on Sunday Stash Mareen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bundle! I have too have been eyeing off the Poseidon bundle, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh lovely bundle! Love those colours! I think HSTs would work nicely!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you're a no-reply commenter I'll reply on the blog so please check back.