Monday 19 March 2012

Curtains, Curtains, Curtains

I still don't quite know how I did it, but I managed to sew not only two but three curtains! I was on a roll until I ran out of thread! Thread! *grumblegrumble* All four curtains are now hanging in my living room and bedroom instead of my regular ones. They still need to be hemmed and two are lacking the three rows of vertical topstitching that I added to give the curtains more body - but they will be done next weekend. So soon! After a wash and final ironing I'll give them to my sister and hope to get a nice picture of them for blogging purposes.

The knitted baby sleep sack is nearly finished, too. I didn't spend as much time on it as expected, due to my slaving away on the curtains, but I'm confident to finish both hat and sack in the evenings before Friday. With all these things out of the way I'll be able to fully concentrate on two matching quilts for a toddler and his baby brother. Very much looking forward to that.

I even managed to work a little on my Dresdens.


Such a busy busy sewing weekend. I felt exhausted at times, but the progress has been worth it. How about your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Well done on the curtains, I am well impressed. The Desdens are looking gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dresdens! Dresdens in Echo are just perfect! And way to go on the curtains :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you're a no-reply commenter I'll reply on the blog so please check back.